
What is a Photographer anyway? The word 'Photographer' in its elements, refers to a person who makes photographs. Essentially, everyone who's taken photos, are taking photos, or have taken photos at some point is a photographer. What difference would it make, then, whether the camera used were a cell-phone camera, point-and-shoot, film camera, or DSLR?
It would be entirely different if we were discussing professional photography, in which case the individual probably does need to have some capabilities to identify themselves as such and/or provide related services.
Personally speaking, owning a DSLR doesn't mean I want to assume the identity of a Photographer, but you can't help what people decide to label you. It's a lot more expensive than a standard point-and-shoot, but technical terms aside, it has more functions and gives me significant control over certain settings when compared to my previous cameras. So, overpriced? Not really, I'd call it an investment.
If i had a dollar for every time I typed 'photo' in this post, i'd have 12 bucks, which isn't that much. Strange, it felt like I'd typed it a lot more than it's appeared.
No comments:
Post a Comment